Monday, June 9, 2008

Dates 9 through 11...

Date 9...

...were in grand ole L.A! I had to keep it consecutive right? So ended up getting there at 11:30 on Friday night and my date was already there (calling him Spencer). Spencer is an old friend I used to have a thing for. Never did anything before and I haven't seen him for 2 years. We ended up going to the hotel bar (Beverly Wilshire bar was amazing!) People watching was fun! He bought me a couple of drinks, including the good ole Jager Bomb! YUM! It was a chance to catch up. The conversation was like we had just seen each other the day before...it was weird...just comfortable. We goofed off, took fun pictures. But I only got the friend vibe on my part. He did try to smooch me, but I didn't let it happen.

(Pic pending...haha waiting on a friend to send it...so check back soon =p)

Date 10...

...was with "Brenden." Brenden is the guy from the TBS show My Boys. Super hottie, and Brenden is his character name. We had sort of a speed date. We were at the Dodgers game and I took him and told him he was my date for the next 30 mins! =p Surprisingly, we had great conversation. I don't think there was a real awkward moment while we were talking, it was always back and forth. He does live in L.A. though, which would make it hard to obviously go on another date. But if you are ever in California, I would recommend him to date. He's nice, good looking, and can carry a conversation well.

This was us at "Crowley's" (which is the bar in the TV series):



Date 11...

...was with another actor from My Boys. I had my eye on this one all day. He was at the Dodgers game too, but never got a chance to cross paths. I'm calling him "Hottie" because I can't think of a better name for him. That night, we were all at a poker party. Still noticed him from across the room. I was playing Blackjack for most of the night. Well, I saw my opportunity. He was sitting at the Texas Hold 'Em table. There was one opening so I grabbed the seat, made eye contact and introduced myself. I told him about 30 dates in 30 days and said I needed one more. He was game! I "bought" a drink...which was funny because it was an open bar. We got up to get a drink and my date from before was up there. "Hottie" told "Brenden" we were on a date and they wanted to see which one was going to be the best. haha..it was funny. We grabbed our drinks, went back over to the poker table and played a couple of rounds (while trying to have a conversation). "Hottie" wanted to continue the date at a table, so we went and got some dessert and sat down and just chatted some more. It was fun! He eventually got pulled away for some interviews. Boo haha. Near the end of the night, I needed a picture for the website, so I went grabbed one...gave him a hug and gave him this line: "You should take my number in case you're ever in Atlanta. I also take drunk dials." CHEESY, I know. But it worked. The hottness has my number! It makes me a little excited...he may never use it, but it was a great time!! The whole weekend was fab!



Me and "Hottie" known as "Bobby" on My Boys:



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a big fan of the show My Boys and I think you scored big time. I am so jealous. I wish I would have had the idea to have 30 dates in 30 days when I was single. Sounds like a blast. Have fun for all of us out there who wishes we could do the same. :)

Anonymous said...

Wendy are you going to be on My boys? You might have said and I wasn't paying attention.

Unknown said...

was this why you went to LA? I feel lefted out? Please explain how you got to meet them...were you on the show?

rickysmom24 said...

You look great and I am enjoying reading about your dates! It's a lot of fun meeting new people and I wish you the best and hope you don't get too exhausted. I did something similar several years ago and met my husband that way (16 years being married). The guys from My Boys are both hot, but I am still pulling for Cuddles :)

Anonymous said...

Not going to be on the show, but I love the show. I got to hang out with the cast this past weekend and needed some dates. "Brenden" and "Bobby" were both there to help me out...but the new series starts on Thursday at 9:30pm. =)

Unknown said...

haha the minute you described the second date as "Hottie" i KNEW you were talking about Kyle Howard! Lucky girl... he's such a cutie. The other guy is pretty cute too!

Anonymous said...

Wendy! I am so jealous! I love My Boys - both these boys are super cute...good luck on the rest of your dates.

Abby said...

So jealous! I love the show and BOTH of those guys are way cute...

What a fun weekend!

Anonymous said...

Totally jealous! They are both so hott!!

Anonymous said...

Dayum, woman! I'd like to know how much weight you've gained by the end of these 30 days, with all this drinking and eating out that have happened just in the first 11. I'd be a roly-poly! But then again, you're young...I could've probably done the same thing a few years back and it wouldn't have made a difference...

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky girl! He is a "hottie"!!!

Anonymous said...

holy crap 2 dates with 2 different actors. that is AWESOME. and kyle howard is not only on my boys, hes one of the surfer dudes from the movie, orange county! i'm jealous. i also wish i had done 30 dates in 30 days when i was single!

Anonymous said...

what happened to mr. volleyball?!

Anonymous said...

So jealous! I love that show and both of those actors/characters. I always go back and forth about who I want PJ to end up with. :) Keep having fun! :-D

Anonymous said...

"Just because you were in the same room with them for 30 minutes doesnt mean you went on a date"...I left this comment a few days ago...but I totally understand that you are super busy!