Sunday, July 20, 2008

I DID IT!

Friday night. No Lunesta. I went out to dinner at Chima and for drinks at the W. Got home around 1:30. Was beat by 1:45. You can't take sleeping pills if you've been drinking. I crashed pretty easily. But I was up every few hours tossing and turning. It wasn't a sound night of sleep. But it was some sleep. Can't tell if I felt crappy 'cause I had a few drinks or because I didn't sleep well. I didn't drink that much so it's probably a combination of both. But it was one night.

Saturday was all about family. We went to the aquarium. And by the time we got home it was time to put Hollis down for the night. The rest of the night was hanging with Hayden. Stacey and I went to bed around 11. No Lunesta. I couldn't sleep at all! I stared at the ceiling 'til about 1:30. Then I got up and took ¼ a pill. No real effect. I think I did go to sleep. But it was one of those sleeps where you're really not sleeping at all, ya know? So I'm pretty cranky today. The good news is I didn't have that heart-racing thing I always have. I didn't feel awake. Just couldn't sleep.

Not sure how to handle tonight. My alarm goes off at 3:20am so my Sunday/Monday sleep patterns are all jacked up. I'll probably concede and do another ¼ tonight with the goal of being off it entirely by the end of the week.

2 comments:

LizLSB said...

Congrats on your attempts to get healthier and get off Lunesta. I've had a lifetime of poor sleeping habits myself, so I can certainly sympathize. Taking the TV out of my bedroom and using Valerian root capsules as needed has been the best remedy ever. Hope you break the Lunesta addiction soon.

ahb said...

Bert,
I've been following your "sleep journey" and just want to say I'm proud of you for hanging in there; it doesn't sound like an easy process, but just think how much you will appreciate that natural sleep once you work your way through it! You're such an inspiration about getting fit the right way, so thanks for your great example. I will be praying for you as I go to sleep myself! I love your show, and thanks for all the great laughs in the morning.