Monday, July 7, 2008

Bert Too Racy For JEZEBEL?

Here's an article I wrote for Jezebel magazine. They said it was too racy for the magazine. So I thought I'd throw it at you guys.

Bert

Women are sexual liars! I don't blame you. If men had the same impossibly restricting sexual code that women have placed on them from birth then men might lie about their sexual past like most women do. I just think it's important to get to the truth; women are sexual liars!

Women are well aware of how many sexual partners that they've had. But, as a rule, women will divide that number in about 1/3 in public conversations. Women have a sexual "number" that they MUST stay under. If not they brand themselves as dirty. And no woman can admit she's dirty, right? If a woman has sex with an "ex" it doesn't get added to her sexual odometer because they've had sex with him previously. This defies the rules of basic math. But I understand that women can do that because…because they are women.

It's still not acceptable that women have as high a sexual need as men. So the "he forced me into cheating" lie was created. We're supposed to believe that men cheat because we are insatiable. It's not acceptable for a woman to have the same sexual appetite so women lie and say that her partner was so rotten that she had no other option. Is it a crazy thought to assume that one option was to actually leave the relationship?

The "Born again Virgin" lie protects a woman's self esteem as well. Common sense tells you that if you have sex ONE time you're not a virgin anymore. Ladies, there is no way to erase your sexual past. If you had sex with half of the Lambda Chi house back in '94 you can't be a virgin anymore because you will it.

Lie. Lie. Lie. Protect your sexual self esteem, ladies. Guys do it. Few men have as many sexual partners as they say. Few men are as well endowed as Sea Biscuit. And most can't last 'til midnight much less all night long.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you that most women probably are sexual liars. But that doesn't mean we all do. Let me explain. I am twenty-one years old and I am still a Virgin. And I don't mean a "born again virgin" If people ask me how many times I have had sex I tell them the truth that I am still a virgin. Anyways I just wanted to let you know that not all women lie about that part of their lives. Oh and just to let you know...When people say they are a born again virgin it isn't because they are trying to hide or erase their past. It is basically an oath that you take between you and God to say from that point on you are going to stop having sex from then on until you are married. Although like you said a lot of people say they are a born again virgin to hide there past.

Svet said...

Hi ,Bert!
Personally i think the article is great..it is honest and straight forward,but posible racy for Jezebel-not too many of us can handle facts as how they are..we like to be pampered.
I am woman and we do lie about our sexual past-maybe that tells us, that we all don't really need to sleep with that many people in our lives if don't always tell the exact number!Hmm...never though about it in this way-people sleep with as many sexual partners as you don't feel ashamed to tell the real number.

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's too racey, it's just poorly written.

Anonymous said...

Not all women lie about their number, I never have. That doesn't mean I am completely innocent, but I am not a whore either. I have never really noticed women lying about their number that much, but I do notice guys lying about it.

I was confused though, do you have to add a number if you have sex with an ex again, that's still one person right??

Tall Girl! said...

Honestly Bert it seems a little bitter. Are you mad because your wife lied about her sexual past or maybe a close friend? I don't think it is too racy per say, but it does seem a bit angry. You have written better.

Unknown said...

Bert,

I must admit I am not familiar with the magazine in question, so I do not know if it is too racy for it or not. However, I do think it is a good article.

I don't lie about number of sexual partners, but I can see why women would. There is still a double standard at work. Women who have numerous sexual partners are sluts, whores, bad girls, etc. Men who have numerous sexual partners are studs.

Until this changes, I suspect some women will continue to lie about sex.