Friday, July 25, 2008

Bert vs. Lunesta

Starting to win the fight.

Good news and bad news. Three out of the last six nights have been Lunestaless. I'm not kidding when I say that every night I've had to fight myself NOT to take one. But I haven't. The bad news is that I've slept like ^%$# in those nights. Most nights without the Lunesta I'll get like 4 hours of sleep. And it's taken its toll. I've really been exhausted the past 48 hours. Like not being able to focus, cranky, short-fused. Not fun. Today I woke up and felt what was as close to a Migraine as I've ever felt. Muscles ached. Head was blazing. Just fatigued. I called in sick and just wanted to sleep.
But there is SOME good news. Maybe it was just catching up. But today was the first time in 4 years that I've gotten decent, solid sleep without the Lunesta for over 6 hours. I couldn't sleep at all last night. Got about 45 minutes of sleep before 3:30. But then went back to bed and didn't wake up 'til after 9:30. And I woke up feeling great. Headache? Gone. Muscle ache? Gone. I feel like I could run a marathon, actually. Like I said, it's possible it's just because this is the first time I've gotten sleep all week. But I haven't felt this GOOD after sleep in a very long time.

The goal is to go all weekend with no Lunesta at all. I'm over it.

No comments: