Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Back to high school

JENN:
So prom is this weekend, yes, it is a second chance prom, but I do feel like I have been whisked right back to the high school days. Preparations for prom (first or second) are exactly the same. What to wear, who to go with, where to eat dinner, who is going to sit next to whom, will we dance together, etc. And then the same high school insecurites creep up too! Here are a few of the conversations going on in my head right now. "How is my dress going to look compared to the other girls? I mean, I like the dress I have planned to wear. But it's short, I bet all the other girls are going to wear long dresses. I wonder if I will feel out of place. Maybe it's too short. I wonder if I will get any dirty looks. Plus if I wear my heels, am I going to be taller than my date in all the pictures? So what, I like those heels. But maybe I should go looking for another dress, a long flowing one. But really, who cares if I look different? I probably don't have time anyway, between the nails and hair appointment in the next two days. Wait, but I care! It is PROM!!" Seriously, I need to get a grip. High school or not, prom stresses me out, puts me back inside my 17 year old mind and make me worry all over again what my friends will think. So do we ever grow up? Apparently the answer for me is simply, no.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are still grown up Jenn I promise. I think it takes a VERY secure person not to care at all what others think, and I think even those people care deep down. I am sure you will look beautiful no matter what you wear and by the end of the night will be too tipsy to care! Hope you have a wonderful time and hope you get to enjoy it with your hubby, if he is not touring somewhere.

AsianPersuasion said...

My prom date asked me to take my shoes off for the picture because I was taller than he was. Thankfully, my dress was long enough to cover my bare feet.

auntgigi21 said...

Hey Jenn! I not sure if you are going to be posting pics from the 2nd Chance Prom or not? But I would love to see them!!!! I wanted to go but I couldn't miss my Nephew's 1st birthday party Saturday. Can you post the pics from Saturday night?...so the ones that missed out can see how much fun you all had!!! I heard Hoss was the entertainment for the night????