Monday, November 12, 2007

Bert Talks Vision

I gotta tell ya. I miss Vision.

There are few clubs I've been in thathad a vibe like that place had in midtown, right? I lost way too many brain cells and saw too many things I shouldn't have seen in thatplace. And, well, I miss it.

But, there's good news for those of youthat miss Vision, too. I had a walk through today at the new club that the owners of Vision are putting in. It's in the OLD Velvet Room spot. Right up the street from Jocks and Jills on Peachtree. Now, the new place is just a shell of what it's going to be once it opens (not sure of date yet. But soon. February?). In fact they haven'teven picked a color scheme for the dance side of the club. And I'm not sure how much I can tell ya without the owners getting ^&%$ at me. So I have to be careful. But the blueprints and the club itself are hot. It's actually two clubs in one. One side is going to be sorta vip "loungeish." The other is a full on dance club. You can enter the dance side from the lounge but not the other way around. That's how exclusive they are trying to keep the lounge side. The outside sorta has a Miami club feel…lot's of windows out front. It's like they brought the best ideas from Compound, Velvet and Vision and put them into the new place. Lots of VIP space on the dance club side. But it's set up to where you can see everybody in the club. I don't think that there are any "blind" spaces." Oh, and it's two stories withthe VIP cabanas overlooking the dance floor. And, at least by the looks of it, plenty of bathroom space on the club side underneath the actual club.

I'm trying to get them to let The Bert Show/Q100 to do a soft opening just for our listeners. You'd get to see the club before anybody else in Atlanta. I'll let ya know if they buy into it.

No comments: