Saturday, January 5, 2008

Bert Talks About Massey's Departure

Jamie Massey has left the Bert Show and Q100.  You'll hear her very soon on another morning show in town as a co-host.  I know this is going to sound like PCBS but the truth is I'm really, really happy for her.

So, now she'll be co-hosting on a four member morning show.  It's a step up for her.  She'll be on the mic every day.

Let's take out the fact that it's a radio job.  If you're a manager and somebody on your team is hired for a better position at a competing business you have to take some pride in that.  Somebody thought so much of the work she was doing in your office, under your tutelage, that they decided they wanted some of that same "magic" in their office.

There's no shame in that at all.

Massey sacrificed a lot of personal relationships for the good of the Bert Show.  She talked so intimately about her relationships it scared a lot of guys off.  She was brave to talk so openly about her personal life.  We're really going to miss that.

This all sounds so ooey, gooey politically correct.  I wish I had some kind of interesting, truthful insight.  But I don't.  I guess I'm always a little nervous of any change on the show 'cause the ratings and on air chemistry have been so good.  But the truth is that I'm embracing change now more than I used to.  And I get excited by the possibility of training somebody new.

I'm talking to potential replacements already.  I should have some news for you guys within a few weeks.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Massey! We will miss you and your abstinence clock!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving the listeners a heads up! A lot of times in radio it seems that people leave and are replaced without any explanation to the listener and we are left wondering what happened to that person. or we hear them on another station and wonder if something is wrong with our dial. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

That sucks! I was wondering when Fallin stopped saying "in for Jamie Massey". I'm really going to miss her. She's great. I was so impressed with her for doing the morning and the afternoon rides. I'm sure your ratings will be fine. But she will be missed!

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know what station Jamie will be on?

Anonymous said...

I overheard on the show this morning about Massey no longer with Q100. I was confused, and wondered what I missed in my few minutes away from the radio yesterday. Luckily, I was able to google her name, and came across the blog.

Good luck Massey!! You'll be missed!

Anonymous said...

Can you tell us what happened with Dillan too? What is going on over there??!! Keep us posted please, everyone is like family!!

Anonymous said...

She is on 94.9 The Bull and doing great!!!!

Anonymous said...

94.9 The Bull

Anonymous said...

she's on 94.9

Anonymous said...

Massey is on 94.9 The Bull, and is doing a fantastic job! Their morning show needed some help, and it got it! Good job on the traning Bert Show!

Anonymous said...

Why was Jeff such a dismissive Ass when the announcment was made... when Massey was on the show talking bout her abstinence clock it was all good for ratings he loved her then... at least bert was mature and wished her well GROW UP JEFF!

Anonymous said...

I read on access atlanta that she'll be on 94.9 the bull with Cletus T. Judd.

Anonymous said...

Where did Dylan go?

Anonymous said...

Jamie went to The Bull, I guess she started this week. I will miss her!

Anonymous said...

She is on 94.9 new's morning show

Anonymous said...

I hear Jamie on the radio this morning as I was searching for the traffic. I heard her voice and was like.... WHAT! Is that Massey??? Sure enough, it was. She is on the new country radio station 94.9 The Bull. I am really going to miss hearing about her. She seems like such a sweet person!

Anonymous said...

Seriously people??? She's no big loss. I was pissed when I heard she came over to do traffic...I couldn't stand her reports on the station she was on before Q100...one of the reasons I switched.
Nothing about Bert show will suffer without her!

Anonymous said...

I think you NEED to get Phil/ Mark back for this (or more!!!)

He already knows both Q100 & 99X listeners, and we miss him! (Love you too Hoss.) But find a way to get him back too!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for Jamie! I am so happy for her! What has happened to Dillan?

Anonymous said...

the phil(mark) joke was the best idea ever till the stacy and bert joke of recent ... still looking for that video stacy ;) srry bert:)