Friday, July 18, 2008

GETTING CLOSER

It looked as though last night had to be the night. I was going to an event at Door 44 and wouldn't be home 'til after 9pm. The usual time I take the Lunesta. Rather than stick the Lunesta in my pocket and take it at the event, then drive home in time for it to kick in, I wasn't going to bring it at all. And I didn't! Stacey and I went to the event. We then met some friends out. We got home about 10:30. Way too lat to take a Lunesta before bed. But, again, I gave in. I will give myself a little credit. I only took ¼ a pill. So I've weened down from ¾ to ¼ in one week. But I had a Lunesta hangover all day today. I took the pill too late. When you do that you have a headache and you think slowly most of the next day. That was sure me this morning. So, going into the weekend I'd like to set the goal of ¼ a Lunesta each night. Then next week we can be done.

My wife Stacey had a talk with me that really made sense. First, she corrected me. I haven't been taking Lunesta for 2 ½ years. I've been taking it for about FOUR. She reminded me that I started to sleep poorly right after our first son was born. But she told the that it's not like I don't know how to sleep. I slept fine for most of my life. I've just freaked myself out. I have to change my mentality and just realize that I don't need this for my body to be tired. She made it sound so easy. And I think she's right. By the end of next week I'll be off this sh^%!

No comments: